The skin-lasting formulas were developed by a board certified dermatologist, Dr. Sam Thompson, for his patients—originally those with acne who experienced dry skin from Retin-A and Accutane treatments. He wanted a product that didn’t contain oil to clog the pores, soaked down into the skin, and that its humectant properties were also effective for dry skin conditions. He started prescribing it to many other patients–diabetics, seniors, people undergoing chemotherapy and radiation therapy, sunburn, and patients who were wheelchair or hospital bound to aid their dry skin.
The formulas were in many ways, ahead of its time in that it focused on building up long-term skin hydration using all natural ingredients. We have included botanicals in the creation of the sensitive skin formula. Our products remain the most effective, tried-and-tested remedy for dry skin available and at a moderate price.
How was the original formula created?
Dr. Thompson wanted to most closely replicate the hydration that was lost in the skin.
He said, “Like a cook, you choose what works best together. Nothing on the market was effective enough or lasted long enough, and existing products were greasy and ineffective.” They often contained alcohol, petroleum, fragrances, oils, and other additives not skin friendly.
Which skin types and conditions are best suited for skin-lasting?
Dr. Thompson reported, “Skin of a diabetics, radiation treatments, eczema patients, itchy psoriasis eruptions, severe dry skin, seniors with thin skin, even oily skin, ashy skin types, sun damaged and sunburned skin. It can relieve the itch or sting of some bug bites, and it can help the itch from severe burns and scars and other conditions. Remember, OILS LUBRICATE and WATER HYDRATES. What our skin is mostly lacking in is hydration.”
Susie tells a client about the origins of skin-lasting,
And how it was formulated for severe acne sufferers, and how it works to
hydrate skin deeply and naturally without oils.
skin-lasting is both an affordable super and sensitive moisturizer for your entire body. Our success stories and research show that skin-lasting has been used for these conditions and skin types:
- Dry, cracked, extra dry, and dry patchy skin
- Easy to spray your back or hard to reach places
- Aged or thin skin prone to abrasions from scratching
- Itchy, flaky skin
- Dry skin of wheelchair or bed bound people
- Sunburned skin, use 2 times a day to prevent peeling
- Rough or Bumpy skin
- Oily, yet dehydrated skin
- Red patches or Eczema
- Itching from Psoriasis or scars
- Helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Smoker’s skin to help slough dead skin and deeply hydrate
- Moisturizer for HcG diet, oil and fat free
- Paraben free, pretroleum free, and phthalate free
- Non-greasy, water based, with profound results
- All natural, hypoallergenic, no fragrance added
- Acne and acne prone skin, non pore clogging
- Fragile skin of diabetics
- Chemotherapy and Radiation treatments
Using other top brands
After one week of using skin-lasting
- Deeply hydrate with long-lasting effects
- Moisturize, soothe, and help reduce inflammation
- Replenishes many of the ingredients that naturally occur in the skin and sweat that are lost.
- Helps to reduce wrinkles and lubricate for suppleness
- Anti-inflammatory and tissue strengthening while helping with free radical protection
- Rejuvenating skin, stimulating collagen production, and protecting against sun damage
- Super antioxidant, antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory
- Skin conditioning agents and humectants
- Alpha Hydroxy acids to exfoliate and help reduce fine lines, softens,
- Aids in faster healing by reducing dryness
- Naturally found in sweat
- Uses one of Nature’s oldest moisturizers and humectants
- Botanicals that help wound healing, inflammation, and itching from dryness and bug bites
What makes skin-lasting different?
Easy to use spray, especially good for those
hard to reach places